Ex-Misfits singer Michale Graves has spoken out about a number of his shows being cancelled in the UK due to his right-wing views.
The singer has faced criticism in recent years due to comments stemming back to 2020, when he publicly endorsed American far-right group The Proud Boys online. He then sparked more debate in 2021 when he spoke out in support of the MAGA supporters who took to Capitol Hill on January 6 to protest the certification of Joe Biden’s election victory in Congress.
Now, Graves has seen his past comments have an impact on his upcoming UK ‘Sticks And Stones’ tour with the American Monster Band, and a number of venues have decided to cancel performances due to pressure from the punk community.
As reported by Searchlight, last week saw music fans protest his upcoming gig at The Underworld in Camden, London, and as a result have managed to get the event cancelled. The gig no longer appears on the venue’s website, and operators told the outlet that it has been called off.
As well as that, the Holy Diver venue in Stockport has now axed a show set to take place on February 28, and issued a statement saying that the venue is “and always will be” a “space for everyone”.
It also added that it was not “politically aligned with Graves’ views in any way whatsoever”, and would be contacting ticketholders soon in regard to refunds.
The planned London gig of US fascist singer Michale Graves has been cancelled after a wave of protests.
But other UK gigs are still scheduled.
Read more here: https://t.co/NMW1qpCp7z@uaf @AntiRacismDay
— @Searchlightmagazine (@Searchlight_mag) February 14, 2026
A live music venue in Sheffield called Yorkshireman also confirmed recently that it was cancelling Graves’ scheduled appearance on Saturday February 21, and a Welsh venue called Jacs said that they had done the same.
“We have listened to the concerns raised, reviewed the information available to us, and reflected on our responsibility as a local, independent venue within our community. In light of everything considered, we believe cancelling the event is the right course of action,” organisers for the venue in Aberdare said.
A City Councillor from Worcester has also pushed for a venue in the city to cancel an upcoming performance from Graves, and threatened to boycott the live music space if it refuses.
Graves is scheduled to play at The Marrs Bar on Friday (February 20), and Cllr Neil Laurenson called for owner of the venue, Brian Marr, to cancel the show.
“It’s incredibly disappointing that the Marrs Bar has made the decision not to cancel the gig. Michale Graves has been cancelled across the UK, and I find it embarrassing that Worcester is still on the gig list,” he said.
“Michale Graves is a fascist. He supports the Proud Boys and performed in Israel, a genocidal state, in July 2024. I think it would send a powerful message that fascists are not welcome in Worcester if the gig was cancelled,” Laurenson added.
“Music is my obsession so I take no pleasure in contacting a local music venue to cancel a local gig. I love music, but I hate fascists. I don’t want the Marrs Bar to suffer in any way. I love the place. But if Brian Marr refuses to cancel the event, I will never set foot in that building again.”
The venue owner has reaffirmed that he has no intention of scrapping the gig despite pressure from Laurenson, and shared a statement saying that he “will not be drawn into political disputes”.
In response to the numerous shows being cancelled, Graves has shared a statement on social media, and said that he does “not promote violence, hatred, or harm”.
“Over the past days, I’ve become aware of an aggressive online campaign of organisations and individuals focused on my upcoming shows in Europe,” he began. “I respect that people may hold different opinions or choose not to attend these shows. I am very concerned that venues, staff members, and people simply doing their jobs are now being placed under significant pressure and distress.”
He went on to add that his “shows are about music, community, and shared passion” and “bringing people together through music”.
“The live music scene should remain a safe and inclusive space for everyone — artists, fans, venue staff, and local communities alike. No one should feel unsafe or intimidated for participating in or supporting live music events,” he concluded.
“If my music is not for you, I fully respect your choice not to attend. However, I respectfully ask that disagreements remain peaceful and that the hardworking people behind these venues are treated with respect.”
Other venues set to hold performances from Graves included the SUB89 in Reading, The Bullingdon in Oxford, and The Steel Bar in Corby. At time of writing, the Reading and Oxford venues no longer list the performances on their websites, however venues in Corby and Worcester still do.
Graves was a part of the Misfits line-up during their 1990s re-incarnation, and stayed with the band between 1995 and 2000. He has since gone on to release multiple solo albums.
